The Missouri Hunting Heritage Federation Hunter Education Clinic introduces youth to an outdoor way of life that features hunting and the shooting sports
Our free clinic is intended for youth who have no prior hunting experience and no one to help them get started.
Each student must be accompanied by a parent/guardian during the entire clinic, which allows families to share this fun and enjoyable experience. Each student must complete the entire clinic regardless of prior certification.
Clinics are structured to be a safe and ethical introduction to an outdoor way of life that features hunting and the shooting sports.
Clinics are designed for youth ages 9 to 19.
Please fill out the interest form on this page and we'll contact you to find a clinic in your area for your child.
- September 9-10, 2017 -- Youth Hunter Education Clinic and Dove Hunt at Settle's Ford Conservation Area, Garden City, MO
- October 7-8, 2017 -- Youth Hunter Education Clinic and Chukar Hunt at Baier's Den, Peculiar, MO
- December 8-10, 2017 -- Youth Hunter Education Clinic and Waterfowl Hunt in Clinton/Blairstown, MO
Download our MHHF Hunter Education Clinic Parent Consent Form. The completed and signed form is required prior to participation in our clinics.
$20 Deposit to secure your child's spot in one of our Youth Clinics. Your deposit will be returned at the clinic. NOTE: you will receive an email that a product will be mailed to you. You will only receive an email confirming you child's enrolment from the clinic coordinators.
Get Involved! Sponsorship Opportunities: Download Sponsor application
Our clinics are structured to be a safe and ethical introduction to an outdoor way of life that features hunting and the shooting sports. Clinics are designed for youth ages 9 to 19. Clinics include three segments all taking place in a single weekend:
The foundation of the MHHF Clinic is Missouri's internationally recognized hunter education class taught by volunteer instructor members who are trained by the Missouri Department of Conservation.
Live Fire Session
This instruction generally takes place at a municipal or private range designed specifically for firearm target shooting. Youth take turns at each station, where they are closely monitored by instructors at all times.
Students must successfully complete the classroom course and pass the final exam to participate in the live fire session. In order to advance to the mentored hunt portion of the clinic, students must demonstrate their ability to safely handle, load, fire and unload the firearm or bow being used on the hunt.
Hunts typically take place on private land or hunting preserves. MHHF coordinators work with landowners to set up locations in advance. Each student is chaperoned on the hunt by their parent/guardian, and accompanied by a mentor. Hunts are typically followed by a group lunch completing the hunting camp experience.
What Makes the MHHF Clinic Special?
- Conducted free of charge throughout the year ― no equipment or prior experience necessary
- Incorporates Missouri's internationally recognized hunter education certification class, live fire session, and mentored hunt ― in a single weekend
- Class taught by volunteer instructors certified by the Missouri Department of Conservation
- Utilizes Missouri's special Youth Only Hunting Seasons
- Youth experience the clinic with a parent or guardian; learn from experienced instructors how to safely handle a firearm; and apply their learning immediately on a real hunt with their parent or guardian