Our busiest time of year continues. We wrapped up this year’s Cass County Trapping clinic last weekend with 33 of participants. That means 363 families have been introduced to Missouri’s outdoor way of life through the efforts of MHHF members, volunteers and supporters.
Looking ahead, preparation is underway for the fourth annual Henry County Waterfowl Clinic. This clinic is the second weekend in December. Space is still available. Visit our website to get a copy of the clinic flyer.
Our directors continue to demonstrate their commitment to the long-term goals of the organization and helping us execute our Strategic Plan. A few highlights:
- Mike Huffman and Steve Rulo are preparing a proposal for MHHF’s first service awards to spotlight member contributions.
- Mike Borgerding is working with Executive Director Susan Williams to prepare the 2016 budget.
- Susan, Dir. Emeritus Sam Goller and I are preparing an enhanced communications plan for 2016.
- Scott Strickland’s “Business Strategy and Competition” MBA class at Webster University is making a study of MHHF to develop a promotional/marketing plan as a class project. It will be presented at semester-end next month.
- Stacie Hubler has obtained a commitment from Lake Lotawana Sportsman’s Club to host our Annual Spring Fling Trap & Turkey Shoot again in 2016. Please mark Saturday, March 12th on your calendars.
Finally, I would like to thank Susan Williams, Sean Flanagan, Scott Strickland and outside supporters, Jennifer Furla, Jennifer Clemente, Laura McCray and Susan’s additional helpers for a tremendous first MHHF Gentleman’s Wild Game Dinner, November 5th. In addition to a great venue, yummy food & beverage, novel auction items and an assortment of amusements, the fine gentlemen (55 plus!) who attended to support MHHF were great, great fun. We are making many new friends who are enthusiastically getting behind our efforts.
As we look towards 2016, we plan to continue many of the fun and social activities we’ve established over the years. Your participation at these events, and donations throughout the year, help fund MHHF and allow us to continue to bring Missouri’s hunting heritage to youth across the state and region. Whether through your gifts of time as a volunteer or support financially, every contribution you make to MHHF is appreciated. THANK YOU!
Wishing you the best for the Holiday Season!